Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Father

And oh! For the Father's love.
I cannot wrap my brain around his endless love and the sacrifices he has made over the years for me. How can I ever give back what I have not deserved, yet have been given freely. The support, trust and many 'second chances' I have been graciously given are undeserved privileges I couldn't have done without.

Every step of my life there has been this man...trusting...encouraging...motivating me to dream biggest...dreaming for me when I gave up...protecting me when I needed help...'bowing' down before others for my 'mistakes'...losing his prestige to save mine...praying for me when all else failed...showing me what 'giving' is...planting the seed of Faith in my heart I would reap the fruits of...teaching me to love excellence and its' pursuit thereof...letting me catch a glimpse of contentment...lending his intelligent and compassionate genes...causing me to practise patience and long suffering...teaching me the power of prayer...showing me what commitment is by staying with one woman (my mother) all his life...

I could fill up many pages but whoever could write down every single thing a Father could do for his child!
All I can do is to sing this song which best sums up, for now, the love of my Dad for Me. A song which is laden with my respect and love for him.

Welcome home You

When I left home to be who I am
Some people said "No Way"
But I laid it all down, gave everything
In my head rang the words that my father said
You're never far
I will be where you are
and when you come to me
I will open my arms

Welcome Home, you
I know you by name
How do you do?
I shine because of you today
So come and sit down
Tell me how you are
I know son, it's good just to see your face.

When I look at you holding my heart
I will give to you all that I have
Son I know there'll be times
You will feel all alone, I will share with you the words my father said
You're never far
I will be where you are
and when you come to me
You can bet I will open my arms

Welcome Home, you
I know you by name
How do you do?
I shine because of you today
So come and sit down
Tell me how you are
I know son, it's good just to see your face.

Now, all I can say is: Thank you Dad for giving me a small but magnificently consequential picture of The Father-in-Heaven.

With Love.
Your Son.
The only "Mon"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make some noise...