Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Bunty-Bubly ki Rani"

A thousand cars passed me by,
Not one looked to my side,
While I trundled through this mad rush,
Of "faithful" office-leavers in many-a-cars and many-a-bus.

Amid their shouting and their screaming,
Some abusing and some dreaming.
I saw the crowds teaming,
As the evening mooning was beaming.
I felt left behind, when my 'friend' joined them,
He too had lost his mind!

I remember the day I rode out of the unit,
Some number was punched on me, I wouldn't comprehend it.
I was thrown up on the big truck,
Wondered about my future, landed straight into the muck.

The A-mobiles* have sped, overtaken us,
While we stand counting our days, stuck in the rut.
I, for one, still hope and pray, our days would take a turn,
When people all around would chuck their cars,
And gladly make us run!

Yours Ridingly,
"Bunty-Bubly ki Rani"
A Cycle-Rickshaw.

P.S.
Bless you.
TM
*Automobiles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make some noise...